It’s Friday! And it’s been one of those weeks. It’s actually been so bad, that it caused me to look at what I need to change in my life. So in a way it was a good week. As I try and teach my daughter to avoid toxic people, bullies, and mean people, I realize that I am actually doing a terrible job of avoiding these people in my life. I am reading books and taking classes about vulnerability, shame resiliency, using positive psychology, practicing gratitude, and being the kind of person I want my daughter to be and I realize I’m doing a terrible job. I am not living my true self. I’m not being the best person I can be. I’m not shining.
So it’s time for a change. Starting today. Right now. No more excuses, no more waiting, today I’m starting to live. Today I’m starting the journey of becoming the person I want to be, the person I was born to be, someone I can be proud of, someone my daughter can be proud of.
Research has shown tremendous benefit from practicing gratitude, I’ll post more specifics later. This post is about 3 things I’m grateful for today:
1. Gratitude apps. There’s tons of free ones available that will give you daily reminders. Below are a few I downloaded:
- Bliss (free) – exercises in positive psychology
- 21 Day Gratitude Challenge (free) – new exercises everyday with proven principles of positive psychology.
- Positive Thinking (free) – motivational quotes to help you throughout the day (also, the cutest smiling star!)
2. Flowers that we planted last weekend. My daughter and I planted all the patio containers last weekend. I love coming home to pretty flowers all summer long.
3. This beer and the pizza that’s on it’s way.
Cheers and happy weekend!